Holidaying in Western Australia’s south-west wouldn’t be complete without visiting the region’s renowned wine country. Surrounded by majestic forests and fringed by glorious coastline, the Margaret River has a magical appeal. Lose yourself amongst fascinating underground cave systems, beautiful beaches, and world-class vineyards. Take time to appreciate delectable gourmet delicacies and fine wine. Fall under the spell of the Margaret River.
Vasse Felix Wines
As the pioneering vineyard and winery in the Margaret River region, Vasse Felix has a simple goal: “To make the best possible wine.” Owned and operated by the Holmes à Court family, Vasse Felix has mastered the art of creating unique, complex and distinctive wines. Led by Chief Winemaker Virginia Willcock, the winemaking team deliver superior wines crafted with passion, experience and a discerning eye for detail.
An unforgettable Margaret River experience awaits you at Vasse Felix. Enjoy being a wine connoisseur in the tasting room. Admire sweeping views of the original 1967 plantings while indulging in a delicious lunch of spiced lamb shoulder. Or, for an educational wine experience, book a winery and vineyard tour. The cellar door and restaurant is open all year except for Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
5 Facts About the Margaret River
- The first vines were planted in the region a mere 40 years ago.
- There are now over 150 vineyards and over 120 wineries/cellar doors.
- Notable varieties produced include Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
- In addition to its world-class wine, port and beers, the region is acclaimed for its gourmet delicacies including cheese, chocolate and coffee.
- Each year, there are approximately 500,000 visitors to the region.