Must-Visit Destinations for Festivals and Fun in Spring 2023
Spring is a season of transformation and celebration, and there’s no better way to embrace it than by exploring the stunning landscapes, lively festivals, and diverse experiences that Australia has to offer. Discover the country’s top six most captivating spring destinations, festivals, and attractions for a sensational getaway.
1. Margaret River, Western Australia: Nestled in the heart of Western Australia’s renowned wine country, Margaret River heralds the season with the Fine Vines Festival. Set for October 2023, guests are invited to immerse themselves in a sensory journey among rolling vineyards, indulging in wine tastings that showcase the rich reds and crisp whites the region is famous for. In spring, the region blooms into colour, where natural beauty, exquisite wines and art are intertwined to deliver an extraordinary experience.
Stay: Club Wyndham Dunsborough
2. Perth, Western Australia: In September, witness amazing displays of Western Australian wildflowers at the Everlasting Kings Park Festival (September 2023). Take part in the many events on offer including outdoor exhibitions, guided walks and talks, photography displays, workshops, family activities and wellness events for a truly unforgettable experience.
Stay: Club Wyndham Perth
3. Gold Coast, Queensland: Embrace vibrancy of springtime on Australia’s Gold Coast. The city bounds to life with creativity and festivity with The Surfers Paradise Springtime Festival in September and the Groundwater Country Music Festival in October. For those seeking peace and quiet, the hinterland’s sparkling waterfalls and lush rainforests offer a sanctuary of birdsong and tranquillity.
Stay: Club Wyndham Kirra Beach
Stay: Wyndham Surfers Paradise
4. Adelaide, South Australia: In spring, Adelaide blossoms into a hub of vibrant creativity and rich cultural experiences. From the captivating OzAsia Festival (October to November 2023) to the zestful Adelaide Italian Festival (November 2023) and the empowering FEAST LGBTQIA+ celebration (November 2023), the city transforms into a kaleidoscope of colour, offering a blend of flavours, laughter, and diversity.
Stay: TRYP Pulteney Street Adelaide
5. Melbourne, Victoria: Melbourne’s renowned Melbourne Spring Fashion Week (October 2024) showcases the city’s love for style and design. November also heralds the start of Melbourne Fringe a festival committed to democratising the arts and empowering all to realise their right to creative expression. Immerse in three jam-packed weeks of comedy, cabaret, and theatre on an unforgettable Melbourne escape.
Stay: Wyndham Hotel Melbourne
6. Sydney, New South Wales: Spring showcases the city in its most vibrant and inviting form, it’s energy is electrifying, with locals and visitors stepping out to enjoy the lively atmosphere of the Sydney Fringe Festival (September 2023), when Sydney transforms into a sprawling canvas of creativity. Embracing the warmer weather, the harbour city also plays host to Australia’s largest outdoor sculpture exhibition, Bondi Sculpture by the Sea (November 2023) – marrying art and ocean seamlessly.
Stay: Club Wyndham Sydney
Australia in spring abounds with natural beauty and cultural celebrations. Whether you’re seeking vibrant arts, exciting outdoor adventures, or simply enjoy seeing nature’s transformation, these destinations and their festivals will leave you with unforgettable memories. So, pack your bags, embrace the season, and embark on a journey to remember.
*Applicable for new bookings only, staying between September 4, 2023 – June 30, 2024. Subject to availability. Block outs may apply. Limited time offers.