The Gold Coast is considered one of the best places on earth and is filled with famous sites for tourists. From the Q1 to MovieWorld, tourists are not short of well-known attractions. It is home to 70 kilometers of stunning coastline and is edged by luscious hinterland. With approximately 245 days of fine and sunny weather, it is no wonder why people are flocking to holiday at this coastal destination. Some of the best things to love is that there is never a dull moment and always something going on. There is never a shortage of activities to do on the Gold Coast and luckily, we have put together the perfect list of our absolute favorites for you. This list was put together with a local’s perspective in mind. It will become your ultimate locals guide to the Gold Coast.
- Spend the day getting up close and personal with the adorable koalas and kangaroos at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Don’t miss out on the free lorikeet feeding sessions at 8am and 4pm daily.
- Head to Farm & Co. to take the ultimate selfie in the rolling sunflower fields. And for only $5 you can even pick your own! Enjoy fresh organic produce, friendly farm animals, and BlackBoard coffee. The farmers will even let you have a picnic on their grounds. Shout out to local farmers!
- We’ve got some good beer news! The surfing legends, Joel Parkinson, Mick Fanning, Bede Durbidge and Josh Kerr opened a local brewery right here on the Gold Coast. Balter Brewing Company offers a wide range of craft beers and what goes good with a cold beer? Mouthwatering food trucks that you don’t want to miss.
- What’s better than a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie stuffed with velvety Nutella? The answer is nothing. But that’s not the only thing on the scrumptious menu from Paddock Bakery. This local breaky spot is an ultimate gem and offers everything from purple avocado toast to lip-smacking milkshakes. You can expect their coffee barista to surprise you with a beautiful piece of latte art.
- Let’s go chasing waterfalls! Head into the Gold Coast’s hinterland to see the mind-blowing Natural Bridge in Springbrook National Park. The Natural Bridge features a picturesque rock formation formed by a waterfall over a basalt cave. If you plan to go later on in the day, you may get lucky enough to see the infamous glow worms. Now that sounds like a romantic date night.
- There is nothing better than spending a Sunday evening watching the sunset at the top of Burleigh Hill. Here, you can expect to see panoramic views of the Gold Coast and even spot Surfers Paradise out in the distance. Enjoy a picnic in the park to get the full local experience.
- A little treasure buried in the luscious Currumbin Valley are the incredible Currumbin Rock Pools. These secret swimming holes are jam-packed with nature and feature rope swings, waterfalls, and walking trails. Bring out the true adventurer in you.
- Want to take a break from the Gold Coast sunshine? Head to Burgster in Palm Beach and try one of their mouth-watering milkshakes that is sure to set your taste buds wild. We promise that you have never seen anything like it!
- Waterfront dining and premier shopping? Yes, please! Marina Mirage offers million-dollar views and award-winning restaurants. Spend the day at one of the day spas or pop into the designer boutiques. It is sure to satisfy all your shopping and dining needs.
- Sit back and relax on the pristine beaches that the sunny Gold Coast has to offer. Lounge on one of the white, powdered beaches or go swimming in crystal clear waters of Rainbow Bay. Spend time taking pictures under the infamous Surfers Paradise sign. Or head down Tallebudgera Creek for some intense paddle boarding.
Escape the overwhelming crowds and explore the lesser known Gold Coast attractions. The Gold Coast offers so much more than just golden sand beaches and majestic shades of blue water. This is the ultimate guide of hidden gems that few tourists know about. We know that Gold Coasters probably are not too keen to share their secret getaways with tourists, but some of these activities are too good miss. There are activities to meet the desires of everyone on your list, which is what makes the Gold Coast a perfect holiday destination. Interested in booking your stay on the Gold Coast? Check out our website or subscribe to our newsletter to see even more activities you can do on the Gold Coast.